JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net

Welcome to the Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net forums!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles, and access to our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, access to the Media Center forums after your first few posts, the ability to earn 'points' and spend them, and access to many other special features and benefits! Registration is fast, simple, and free so join #1 largest Jennifer Lopez community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support and we'll get back to you.

Go Back   JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net
Blogs Rules/FAQs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blogs From The Members of JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net
Random featured blog entry from The Farmer Longed For The Princess

The Dreamer

Posted 08-15-2010 at 05:37 AM by hnmorning12

[FONT=Times New Roman]When I was nine years old living in a small town in North Carolina I found an ad for selling greeting cards in the back of a children's magazine[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I thought to myself I can do this[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][URL="http://www.nike588.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]Jordan shoes for cheap[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I begged my mother to let me send for the kit[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Two weeks later when the kit arrived[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I ripped off the brown paper wrapper[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]grabbed the cards and dashed from the house[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Three hours later[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] I returned home with no card and a pocket full of money proclaiming[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],“[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Mama[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]all the people couldn't wait to buy my cards[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]!”[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]A salesperson was born[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]when I was twelve years old[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]my father took me to see Zigler[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I remember sitting in that dark auditorium listening to Mr. Zigler raise everyone's spirits up to the ceiling[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][URL="http://www.nike588.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]kids clothing[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I left there feeling like I could do anything[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]When we got to the car[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I turned to my father and said[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].“[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Dad[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I want to make people feel like that[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].”[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] My father asked me what I meant[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]"I want to be a motivational speaker just like Mr. Zigler[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],”[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I replied[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]A dream was born[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Recently[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I began pursuing my dream of motivating others[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]After a four-year relationship with a major fortune 100company beginning as a sales trainer and ending as a regional sales manager[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][URL="http://www.nike588.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]dress halter[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I left the company at the height of my career[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Many people were astounded that I would leave after earning a six-figure income[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]And they asked why I would risk everything for a dream[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I made my decision to start my own company and leave my secure position after attending a regional sales meeting[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]The vice-president of our company delivered a speech that changed my life[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][URL="http://www.nike588.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]Jordan Shoes[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]He asked us, [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]“[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]If a genie would grant you three wishes what would they be[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]?”[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]After giving us a moment to write down the three wishes[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]he then asked us, [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]“[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]why do you need a genie?[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]”[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] I would never forget the empowerment I felt at that moment[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I realized that everything I had accomplished[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]一[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]the graduate degree[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]the successful sales career[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]speaking engagements[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]training and managing for a fortune l00company had prepared me for this moment[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][URL="http://www.jordanitems.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]Women Air Max 87[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I was ready and did not need a genie's help to become a motivational speaker[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]When I tearfully told my boss my plans this incredible leader whom I respect so much replied, “Precede with reckless abandon and you will be successful”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Having made that decision[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I was immediately tested[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]One week after I gave notice[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]my husband was [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]“[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]laid off from his job[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]We had recently bought a new home and needed both incomes to make the monthly mortgage payment and now we were done to no income[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][URL="http://www.jordanitems.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]Dunk-SB-High[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]It was tempting to turn back to my former company[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]knowing they wanted me to stays but l was certain that if I went back[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I would never leave[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I decided I still wanted to move forward rather than end up with a mouth full of [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]“[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]if onlys[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]”[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] later on[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]A motivational speaker was born[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]When l held fast to my dream[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]even during the tough times[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]The miracles really began to happen[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]In a short time period my husband found a better job[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]We didn't miss a mortgage payment[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]And I was able to book several speaking engagements with new clients[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][URL="http://www.hellojordans.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]Wholesale Jordans Shoes[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I discovered the incredible power of dreams[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]I loved my old job, my peers and the company I left[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]but it was time to get on with my dream[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]To celebrate my success I had a local artist paint my new office as a garden[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]At the top of one wall she stenciled, the world always makes way for the dreamer[/FONT][FONT=&#23435].”[/FONT]
Recent Entries
Recent Comments
    There are no recent entries to display.
    There are no recent comments to display.
Find more...