JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net

Welcome to the Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net forums!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles, and access to our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, access to the Media Center forums after your first few posts, the ability to earn 'points' and spend them, and access to many other special features and benefits! Registration is fast, simple, and free so join #1 largest Jennifer Lopez community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support and we'll get back to you.

Go Back   JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net
Blogs Rules/FAQs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blogs From The Members of JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net
Random featured blog entry from The Farmer Longed For The Princess

Just Listen

Posted 06-25-2010 at 12:00 AM by hnmorning12
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I suspect that the most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention. And especially if it's given from the heart. When people are talking, there's no need to do anything but receive them. Just take them in [/FONT][URL="http://www.nike588.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]buy cheap jordan shoes[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Times New Roman]. Listen to what they're saying. Care about it. Most times caring about it is even more important than understanding it. Most of us don't value ourselves or our love enough to know this. It has taken me along time to believe in the power of simple saying, "I'm so sorry," when someone is in pain. And meaning it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]One of my patients told me that when she tried to tell her story people often interrupted to tell her that they once had something just like that happen to them. Then her pain became a story about themselves. Eventually she stopped talking to most people. It was just too lonely. [/FONT][URL="http://www.nike588.com/"][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Times New Roman] Jordan shoes for cheap[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]We connect through listening. When we interrupt what someone is saying to let them know that we understand, we move the focus of attention to ourselves. When we listen, they know we care. Many people with cancer can talk about the relief ,of having someone just listen. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I have even learned to respond to someone crying by just listening. In the old days I used to reach for the tissues until I realized that passing a person a tissue may be just another way to shut them down,[URL="http://www.jordanitems.com/"][COLOR=#0000ff]Jordan Fusions 11/13[/COLOR][/URL] to take them out of their experience of sadness and grief. Now I just listen. When they have cried all they need to cry, they find me there with them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]This simple thing has not been that easy to learn. It certainly went against everything I had been taught since I was very young. I thought people listened only because they were too timid to speak or did not know the answer. [/FONT][URL="http://www.hellojordans.com/"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#0000ff]Air Jordan Shoes[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=&#23435],[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well intentioned words.[/FONT]
Posted in stories
Comments 0 Trackbacks 0
Recent Entries
Recent Comments
    There are no recent entries to display.
    There are no recent comments to display.
Find more...